Change in stimulus amount

Im trying to amend my 2020 tax return because I gave the wrong amount for the stimulus section. What do I need to do?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The IRS does not want you to amend for that.   if you entered the wrong amount in the recovery rebate credit section the IRS will cross check and recalculate your refund.  Quite a few people either filed and received a check after filing, or misunderstood the questions and entered incorrect amounts.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Ok thank you!

I haven't filed yet, but can't figure how to change the amount before I file.

@dap19501968 If you have not filed your return yet and need to change something, click on Add a State.   That will let you back in to the return and you can make changes.   Not sure what you want to change since you added to a long thread that has other posts.   If you need to change how you answered the recovery rebate credit questions go to Federal Review.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**