JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

We are happy you were able to get a resolution.

@outofdoors

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can't believe these idiots haven't fixed this yet. I am having the same exact issue as everyone else and this is still occurring. Worked fine last year. Now I have to buy a CD drive just to install my software if it was first CD installed on another computer?  What a joke!!! Can't even get the support page to work properly to get "help". Not going to waste my time calling and being put on hold for hours. I'll be looking for another software to use next year.

yes the license code is associated with my account.

This was downloaded from a CD TT premier purchased at Costco

NOW I am trying to load the online version on a new computer that does NOT have a CD slot.

Therefore I have tried to enter the code and get the download version.

I get the message that code is 'associated with an account'

That is ok, but I should be able to download from the internet - without using the CD

Joe

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. 
What is the TurboTax phone number?

@joeval48

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hylee789

I did try to download TurboTax from the 1st account that downloaded it first but still I had the same message "This license code has already been associated with an account.  Please check that account and look for it in Downloads." 

I bought TurboTax Premier from Costco and my son downloaded the 1st file from his account and I tried to download the 2nd file to my computer after logged into my son's account. But, I had the same message. 

"This license code has already been associated with an account.  Please check that account and look for it in Downloads." 

Could you help how I can download the 2nd file to my computer? 

Please see the following instructions to troubleshoot your download.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/troubleshoot-turbotax-for-windows-download-issues/...

If you need further assistance, use the following link to contact customer support.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Why? We have no more than 5 people to share it.

Why what?  Need more details.

i get the above message and there is no support or help.  I spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service and got an order number that does not register.    I need a real tech support person.

Did that.  Turbo tax keeps sending me to Turbo Tax Online

We have same problem here with license code.
I’ve TurboTax Premier CD version installed on my Windows PC a month ago (March) with License Code enter, and everything works fine. Yesterday I finished my tax and efile them with this TurboTax Premier software on my PC, and I received email messages from IRS that my taxes have been accepted.
Today I open the Turbo Tax Premier on my PC to verify the taxes been accepted, then it comes up with this license code screen “Your Product is installed, let’s activate it”. I entered the same code again and it comes up with this error message: “All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603”.
What is going Turbo Tax???

Can you help please?

Wasted a long time time on the phone with the TurboTax support people who im the end seem to not be familiar with basic IT concepts and in the end sent a link to this article and hung up. Hoping to save someone else from going around in circles.

You can choose to use the cd to install OR download (this is an exclusive or meaning you can't do both). If you were unfortunate to have installed using the cd first you must use that cd to install on another computer. Period. It seems to generate some local account to assign that key to that has nothing to do with your TurboTax account (seemingly as a way to keep track of the number of times it has been used but why they don't ask you to log in/create an account is a mystery). Fear not your extra software installs are not gone. You need to either put that cd directly into subsequent computers or pull the files off the cd and transfer them to the second computer. Once you do that run setup.exe as administrator and the install completes, then you can register the product using that key. The file transfer itself is the tricky part. You might be able to put it on a usb thumb drive. You might be able to put it on a network location. I ran into some difficulties because several files are binary executables and platforms like Google Drive or sending via email are going to block you for security reasons. If you're tech savvy you'll know how to get around this so I won't go into details and just assure you it can be done. In the future if you have multiple computers you should start off with the install as a download and use the cd as a beer coaster until TurboTax figures out how to fix this user authentication problem on their side.

@dutripham  and anyone else.....

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

Thank you VoIvoGirl, I plugged the flash drive, and it works.

My guess is from now on I have to plug the flash drive in anytime I want to open this year Turbotax Premier, even thought I installed this TT Premier from CD .

This is "A BIG BUG" Turbotax, please get some programmers who know how to code the installation module.

Thank you once again for your reply VolvoGirl.

My name is Sonia with Intuit's Office of the President. We received your information from the BBB and I will be your personal advocate while we address your concerns. I called and left a message for you. 

I am sorry you ran into issues activating your software. Here are some things you can try on your own: 

For more information about those steps please visit us at

Or you can let me know if you would like me to set up a call back from our support department. 

If you have any concerns regarding this matter please call or email me directly. You can reach me at [phone number removed] Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM Arizona time or at OfficeofthePresident@Intuit.com. If I am unavailable, one of my colleagues will be available to assist you. Thank you again for reaching out.

Respectfully,

Sonia