Tony4Morris
Returning Member

Schedule K-1 Box 20 Code AH

The TurboTax does not have defined pull downs for data entry for AH1 though AH9.  Does one just enter the data in your own labeled empty box that is provided?  How will the program know what to do with this data?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

On the next screen, Enter Box 20 Code AH amounts, enter amounts in the boxes that apply.

Any of the items that don't apply to the categories listed can be entered in the Other Description boxes below.  Keep in mind that these amounts will not automatically flow to the return.  You will need to enter them manually elsewhere in the return if applicable.

Tony4Morris
Returning Member

Your reply repeated the information in the help instructions.  I understand the instruction to enter the data in the extra adhock boxes. Because there is no pull down directly associated with the data, am I correct to assume that that part of the program does not use the data AH1 through AH9 for computations and that area? I did not enter that data. The Program never asked for that data again anywhere else. After further research about this data AH1 through AH9, am I correct to conclude that it would apply elsewhere if my limited partnership was in my IRA? Because the partnership is not in my IRA, is that the reason the program did not ask for the data again?

Tony4Morris
Returning Member

Does someone have answers to my questions?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

There is nothing to indicate in the Form 1065-K1 instructions for Box 20, Code AH1-AH15 has anything to do with an IRA.  It is a list of detailed information that must be provided by the partnership for you to know which box to enter the income into when you are entering the information.

This information can be a factor for your tax return in other areas depending on what codes you have.  You may be able to determine which item your entry refers to by a review of the list in the instructions which can be found at the link above. 

If you are unsure or the partnership did not provide enough information for you to know the right selection, you may want to use our TurboTax Live service to assist your further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"