I need help with an extension on my stimulus please I need to talk to somebody ASAP

Extension for my stimulus
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say an extension on your stimulus.

This link continues to be updated as information becomes available.  This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, good morning.

My problem: I successfuly filed my returns on Saturday. However, I soon realized I had made a mistake. Since my returns were accepted I tried to Amend, but I had no success.

I decided to refile from the start.

I have updated my new return, but I did not send it in as yet, waiting to get some guidance.

Could you please help me?

Thank you, [Removed PII]

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

If your return has been accepted by the IRS, you cannot submit a second tax return. You can follow through to amend your tax return for errors or omissions, however, if you are amending to change ONLY your stimulus payments, then stop.

The IRS has made it very clear by stating they do NOT want any amendments for stimulus payment changes.   

The IRS is making the necessary changes, do NOT amend for any mistake made when entering your stimulus payments.

[Edited: 04/03/2021 | 6:55p PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"