bthebuff
Returning Member

Tech support - Check This Entry asks for the same info repeatedly like it's not saving the answer

In the File section, I need to enter more info to efile but I keep getting the same field to fill repeatedly.
Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding  How to delete cookies! If that doesn't work try using a different browser all together. 

bthebuff
Returning Member

Neither of these things worked, of course, since the problem is documented elsewhere in this forum as a glitch in Turbo Tax with regard to 1099s. I cleared my history, my cache, my cookies, tried another browser, cleared all the things in that browser - this had no effect. I have tried to enter the information manually into the 1099 more than a dozen times with no success. Please look into this!

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

More help and guidance with this issue has been provided for you by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bthebuff
Returning Member

I tried all the suggestions and none of them had any effect. I get the "check this answer" box literally dozens of times, and the form field scrolls on top of itself so I have no way of seeing where the issue even is.

Please look into this further. Please.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Based on your Form 1099-B, did you have any wash sales? If they are less than $1, the IRS does not require an adjustment, but there may be an error reported to make the adjustment.

For more information, see: 

How do I enter a wash sale?

If you do need to adjust for wash sales < $1, the steps are below:

To edit wash sales in TurboTax Online, follow these steps:

• Click Federal from the left menu.
  • Scroll down to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other and Review.
  • Click the Review button by the stocks that need correction. 
  • Click the pencil icon next to the stock transaction at Review your sales.
  • Continue through the next screens until you again are at Review your sales and reach Now we'll walk you through entering your sale details. Scroll down and check the box for I have more info to enter that I don't see here.
    • When testing this, I was able to enter amounts less than $1, including amounts less than $0.50. However, keep in mind, you are allowed to delete amounts less than $0.50 and leave the wash sale cell blank.

For TurboTax CD/Download, the instructions below do not require an override by using the "Capital g/l adj" page. instead. 

To find this form, follow these steps:

• From the Forms Mode, click Open Form.
  • In the Search box, enter Capital gn.
  • Under Form 1099-B Worksheet, select Capital gn(ls) adjustments/other info and Open Form.
  • A new window will open: Step 1: Add Capital gn (ls) adjustments/other info. Scroll to find the sheet for Capital g/l adj and select Next and Finish.
  • In Part III Specific Adjustments, scroll down and check the box next to Sale includes a disallowed wash sale loss (code W). Amount (leave blank if all)
    • Click on the box where an amount should be. Then, a + will occur to the left.
    • Click on the + Icon to open up the Description and Amount Worksheet and list your amounts here with the pennies.

bthebuff
Returning Member

I did not.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please call in so that our live representatives can assist you with this issue: Contact TurboTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"