dcasailing
Returning Member

What do I need to do to get my state (Hawaii) to accept my tax return? A notice was emailed to me that it has been rejected.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

A rejection notice usually explains why it was rejected.  Read the notice and identify the issue and try to fix it.  You many need to contact TurboTax for assistance in correcting the form.

Contact us again and provide additional information about the problem and we will assist in getting that corrected.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dcasailing
Returning Member

I have submitter my fed. & state 2020 tax information to you as of last Thursday. I immediately received an email that they were rejected . . . However, no further communication. Please advise, or resend email notice to [email address removed]. Thank you.

David Anderson

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You can review your rejects in your actual return.  You will need to log into turbo tax again and see what the reject was and make the necessary changes.

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Not all rejections will have explicit guides to fix the information. You’ll need to navigate to the program area to address the cause of the rejection, then proceed to the final step.

If what you originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, a dependent that's already been claimed, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In these cases, go ahead and file a paper return, rather than wasting your time trying to "fix" something you can't fix.  per @ReginaM

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"