AWill93
Returning Member

2019 Schedule D information not available

Under the Investment section in the software it is asking if I know my capital loss carryover amounts. If I say no it says I can find the information from my 2019 schedule D lines 7,15, 21 and line 10 on 1040. Well I do not have a schedule D from last year because I did not need one like I have this year, and line 10 is qualified business income, so I guess its suppose to say line 11B taxable income. My question is do I just put 0 for line 7,15,21 and am I correct that its suppose to be line 11B?

That leads into asking for form 6251 from 2019 for me to input AMT. I do not have from 6251 so do I just put my taxable income in from line 11B from my 2019 forms. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

In order to be asked the question "Do you know your capital loss carryover amounts?" you had to first answer Yes to the question "Did you have investment losses you couldn't claim in 2019?" But if you didn't have a Schedule D for 2019 you didn't have any investment losses in 2019. So you should have answered No when it asked "Did you have investment losses you couldn't claim in 2019?" If you answer No to that question, it will not ask any questions about a capital loss carryover or your 2019 Schedule D.

You can get back to the question about investment losses in 2019 by typing "capital loss carryover" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then clicking the link that says "Jump to capital loss carryover."

Hey, I am on the same boat, I found this question right before I submit the identical one; when you said "You can get back to the question about investment losses in 2019 by typing 'capital loss carryover' (without the quotes) in the Search box, then clicking the link that says 'Jump to capital loss carryover.'" - When I do that, it just takes me back to the same question "Do you know your capital loss carryover amounts". What do I do? 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@als2020  On the screen that asks "Do you know your capital loss carryover amounts?" select Yes and click Continue. On the next screen, which asks you to enter your capital loss carryover amounts, don't enter anything. Leave all the boxes blank. Click Continue.