badger6
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

That's the thing though, the 1095c did say that I was eligible for coverage. As the original reply to my post stated. Code 1E on line 14 indicates that my employer did offer me coverage that meets minimum essential coverage requirements. And code 2G on line 16 indicates that the coverage they offered me is considered to be affordable based on federal poverty line safe harbor. They send a 1095c to me and one to the IRS.

As far I can tell, if my employer offers me affordable minimum essential coverage, I do not qualify for a tax credit subsidy through the marketplace. But I did receive a subsidy based on the fact that my employer has never offered me coverage, nor have I ever received a 1095c in prior years. But now this year I get a 1095c with those specific codes, which in essence tells the IRS that I'm not eligible for a subsidy since coverage is available through my employer.

I am concerned that the IRS will think that I lied in order to receive the tax credit and make me pay it back. However, my employer never actually offered me health coverage. I'm not sure how I would prove that they didn't offer/notify me that I was eligible for coverage. I'm not sure if there is a way to dispute a 1095c.