jean001

When I go to review my taxes it keeps saying the government is still working on finishing forms. How long does it usually take for the forms to update?

I have been done with my taxes and wanted to file for over a week but I am getting the message below when I get to the review.  I keep checking for updates and I keep getting the message below when I rerun the review.

How long does it usually take for the forms to update? 

We cant file your taxes just yet because the government is still working on finishing up certain tax forms that are in your 2020 tax return.

Here is a breakdown of tax forms in your return that weren't available for filing the last time you used TurboTax and when they will be ready.

Sch k-1 Wks-Ests and Trust - Ready Soon

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Except under extreme conditions.......TTX only updates their software once a week, usually only on Wed or Thurs evenings.  That particular form was supposed to be ready by 25 Feb...but might actually be 26 Feb when several other forms & fixes will be initiated.

Update again on Friday and see then.   

(no promises...sometimes they change the ready date...but that's what they say now)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
jean001

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you