mtpocket21
Returning Member

Getting an error during smart check on Form 2210: IRS to figure Penalty Box.

I'm Getting Form 2210: IRS to Figure Penalty Box.  You must check this box or obtain an update before you file this return.  I've performed the update so everything is updated.  Error still applies.  Box A-D are blank and Box E has 04/15/2021.  Part B has A-E not checked as none apply.  The software already calculated the tax and has it included in my total due.  Why do I need to check a box for IRS to Figure Penalty Box when it's already calculated and included in my return.  

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Form 2210 in print format and e-file format will not be available until 2/25/2021 in TurboTax.

If you have a penalty, you are required to submit the 2210 with your return if using the calculated amount of that penalty on your return.

If you wish to file your return now, you would have to let IRS figure the underpayment penalty for you since the form is not yet available to file with your return.

If you wish to wait until the 2210 is available in TurboTax, then you will have to wait until 2/25/2021 after you  have updated your software in order to e-file the Form 2210 calculations with the return.

mtpocket21
Returning Member

I just performed the Check for updates.  Still seeing the issue.  Were the changes implemented?

fvotstot

We are still getting this error on form 2210.  We are unable to e-file.  Please advise with any help.

Much appreciated

Flo.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is aware of errors related to calculating underpayment penalties on Form 2210. The problem has been reported and is under investigation. Taxpayers can continue to e-file with the option of deleting the form and allowing the IRS to calculate any underpayment penalty for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"