I haven't work last year! i only have 1099-G for 2020 unemployment, can i still file my taxes for 1099-G? how much would it cost me? and where to go to file it?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

according to Turbotax you don't enter line 10b when you're not itemizing.  the program takes care of filling in that line once your in the review section and it has determined that you'll use the standard deduction. 

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you may file an income tax with just a Form 1099-G for unemployment. Although it doesn't seem quite fair, the IRS considers unemployment income as taxable income, as do most states. After you enter your unemployment income (along with any other sources of income, in the appropriate sections of TurboTax), we'll figure out how much (if any) is taxable by the IRS and your state.

You may be able to use the TurboTax Free Edition. The TurboTax Free Edition can be used by higher-income filers but only handles simple returns with no additional schedules.  Upgrades and add-ons, such as TurboTax PLUS and Audit Defense, are available.

Simple tax situations covered in TurboTax Free Edition:

• W-2 income
  • Unemployment income
  • Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
  • Claiming the standard deduction
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
  • Child tax credits

Situations not covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:

• Itemized deductions,
  • Business or 1099-MISC income,
  • Stock sales,
  • Rental property income,
  • Credits, deductions, and income reported on schedules 1–3, such as the Student Loan Interest Deduction.

However, the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax is geared towards lower-income filers, regardless of tax return complexity, and is only offered through the IRS Free File Alliance (FFA) program. No upgrades are available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"