kmabey77

How do I fix my UT state return when it keeps telling me to fix the employer/payer state withholding ID? I have gone through my 1099G and W2's and they are all correct.

There is a State ID number in the withholding section of my 1099-G which is where it directs me that the issue is.  That number is entered correctly where it should be.
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Go back to your unemployment section of your Federal return and double check the entries for boxes 10a, 10b, and 11. 

Since you said there was a state ID number on your form, that would be entered into box 10b.  However, if boxes 10a (dropdown for your state name) and 11 are not also filled in, there will be an error condition.  Either all must be filled in or all must be blank.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@kmabey77 

Several other have had this problem with the UT state ID number....

To fix the problem, they went thru and edited all their State ID numbers....wherever they were used....and simply changed the final letters, "WTH" to "wth"  (lower case ).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

kmabey77

This worked! Thank you so much!

Paulsake

Thank you so much!!  That is correct and a big failure in TurboTax - this has been an error for more than one year and they should fix it!!!!

jchelak
Returning Member

I tried this and it didn't work. I've tried upper case and lower case. I still have the error. It's stopped me in my tracks!!!

@jchelak 

Some folks have found out...when they check again, that they either missed a form, or screwed up some digit in those ID numbers.

ALL Forms that have a UTAH ID number...that means not only W-2 forms, but 1099-R forms, Unemployment 1099-G forms, W-2G forms would be most common..

Still no go...delete each of those forms and enter them again manually.

or call Customer Support...though I'm not sure they can do anything:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
MV80NE

CHANGING WTH TO LOWERCASE WORKED, THANK YOU!!!