tedson59
Returning Member

1099-INT: TurboTax can't get my 1099-INT, and it won't let me enter it manually.

Can't enter 1099-INT manually
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you don't have a 1099-INT just choose the option 'I'll enter it myself'

To report interest income received -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home & Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home & Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Under Interest and Dividends
  • On Interest on 1099-INT, click on the start or update button

Or enter interest income in the Search box locate in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to interest income

When you file your taxes, you don’t need to attach copies of the 1099-INT forms you receive, but you do need to report the information from the forms on your tax return. That’s because each bank, financial institution or other entity that pays you at least $10 of interest during the year must:

• prepare a 1099-INT,
  • send you a copy by January 31, and
  • file a copy with the IRS.

The IRS uses the information on the 1099-INT to ensure you report the correct amount of interest income on your tax return.

jcren44

I am trying to enter my interest income manually but the program will not let me do it. I already have the bank listed but can't enter interest income.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Form 1099-INT will be under Wages and Income and then Investments and savings.

If the import does not work, please  look down to the lower right and select Enter a different way, as shown below. You might need to scroll down to see it.

Then, click on the box that says 1099-INT and on the next screen click on the box that says Type it in myself.

1099 INT enter different way

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"