Multiple accounts, please advise!

Originally posted as a comment under another post about multiple accounts.

My employer created an Intuit account for me with my work e-mail when I started my current job. I use that account to access Quickbooks and Mint, and my tax info for my job is already started in TurboTax. However, I have another account attached to my personal e-mail I have used for multiple years to file my taxes in the past. As I started my return process, I went ahead and put in all of my current tax info into my personal account as well. In this case, which account would be better to use to submit my taxes this year? Do I have to complete the process within both accounts or will that get me in trouble? 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, you do not need to complete the process with both accounts. You can enter the information in the account that your employer created for you, if you like, just do not submit that return. Since you have entered your current tax information into the personal account that you have used for years, it would be best for you to continue to submit your tax return using your personal account. So if you ever change employers, all of the information will still be in your personal TurboTax account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post