Why am I not able to link my 1099-NEC in TurboTax Online?

I have already filled out my taxes in their entirety.  The only issue I have and it will not let me file is the issue referenced in the link below.  I am having the same issue.  I have already paid Turbo Tax and am currently in a holding pattern with now way to move forward until this is resolved.  please help.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-can-not-link-my-1099-nec-in-turbotax-online/01...

I have followed these steps to resolve the issue.  No luck.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/on-a-1099-nec-i-am-being-directed-to-dou...

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If the work around you referenced in the second link did not work for you, you can sign up for email updates as we are working on the issue.  There is a link to sign up at the bottom of the first link you mention.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just see this when I click the link

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 12.01.33 AM.png

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Try accessing  your return using a different browser.  For example, if you usually use Chrome, try Firefox or Safari.

@ewhitsmilton

maherman5

I've tried several browsers and am still having the same issue. This is my second time on the phone with a Turbotax employee trying to get this resolved.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Once you input your 1099-NEC, you should answer all of the questions after the input screen so it flows through to your Schedule C. If it has not been assigned, TurboTax will give you an error message. 

To assign your 1099-NEC to a Schedule C, please follow the steps below: 

1. Open your return.
  2. Search for 1099-NEC with the magnifying glass tool at the top of the page.
  3. Click on the Jump to 1099-NEC link at the top of the search results. 
  4. Click Edit next to your 1099-NEC.
  5. On the page titled Guess what? You can deduct expenses for the example work choose Yes, I have expenses to deduct.
  6. On the page titled Self-employed 1099-NEC Income select the Schedule C you are inputting this income for. If this is a new Schedule C for this year, you can add a new business on this screen.

@maherman5

sophianiff4
Returning Member

I'm In a holding pattern. Too but mines says my amended return was accepted . I can't complete the final step. Nor print.

It Hi I'm trying to print my amended forms but it won't let me it's saying irs had accepted my return which is not my original return but I turbo tax does is not showing it was accepted on tax home. neither does the IRS have any idea of what I'm talking about.

I can not e-file. I can not print . I can not do anything because turbo tax is saying my IRS amended return was accepted by the IRS on March 10 

what is TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee or 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee?

and does my problem qualify because this is not good. I can not do anything.

I don't even know if I really am accepted or not 

this is what I'm getting

(copied)

Hi XXXXX, welcome back to TurboTax!

What's next?

FEDERAL Return Accepted Your refund is $3,XXX

2021 Federal Return

This return was e-filed on 03/10/2022 and has already been accepted by the IRS.

Continue

< Back

no one has been able to help me for weeks I don't know what to do.

I can't even print nor download to mail it in because it's downloading a previous rejected amended return for only 6XX$ 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to follow the instructions here to contact us by phone, so an agent can look over your account and return to view the status. @sophianiff4