I am from Texas and on my w2 box 15 is filled but don't have the Texas option on turbo tax

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Several  states do not have a state income tax.  So these states will not show up in certain drop down lists.   Leave boxes 15, 16, and 17 blank when you enter a W-2 for these states.

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, but on my Texas w2 those boxes have info in them. 15 ha free state then the employee id, 16 has and amount and 17 doesn’t have anything. So yeah it won’t let me continue unless that is filled. Didn’t know if anyone else is have this issue? 
thanks 

Hello, turbo tax continues to require W2 Box 15 from Texas income. it will not let me go further. I have income form both Texas and Arizona.

Please help.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

There is no option in TurboTax because Texas has no state income tax. Leave box 15 empty. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GarrettB1

Box 15 won't let me keep it blank. And by entering TX it won't let me continue without entering the employer's state ID. 

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

If your W-2 has information reported in box 16 for state income, then you should include something in boxes 14 and 15.  If your state is Texas, then box 17 should be blank or zero.  

Enter TX for box 14, and you can enter anything in box 15 to clear the warning message.  Something like '1234' would suffice.  Without tax withholdings, the employer's state ID number is not really needed or applicable.

@GarrettB1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"