RB83
Level 1

Form 2555 - Foreign Earned Income - availability pushed back yet again

I decided to try and use TurboTax to e-file my taxes for the first time this year in the hopes it would be easier and to ensure I claimed my stimulus check correctly (since I was underpaid on the last one for various reasons). I a currently overseas and hoped to avoid the long turnaround and uncertainty of mailing in a hardcopy. 

But I have just seen that form 2555's availability has been pushed back yet again to 02/18. This is the fourth time I've seen the availability date pushed back.  To anyone who's used the system before, is this normal? Is it likely to actually be available soon? 

Because the hardcopy form is available from the IRS website, and if I'd just done my taxes myself like I usually do and mailed them, they would be with the IRS by now. I don't want to end up waiting months with it getting pushed back week-by-week. I'd rather cut my losses and mail in the hardcopy. 

It's kinda frustrating and stressful to be getting near-daily emails from TurboTax reminding me to come finish up my taxes, make sure I get my stimulus check quickly, when I literally can't and there's this constant re-shuffle on the date of the form's availability. 

Any advice would be appreciated...

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The best advice I can offer is to wait until 02/18. I don't know the reason why the IRS hasn't released this form for electronic filing but please wait because if you use one of their online forms, this may not be the correct form to file in case if the IRS changes their form. You may experience more problems if this happens.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post