Turbotax sent me an e-mail saying the forms 8960 and 8949 were ready. When I updated Turbotax, I still get the dialogue box saying the forms are not ready. What gives?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You may need to clear your browser's cache and delete the cookies stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly.

Please see the below FAQ for instructions on how to clear the cache and delete cookies.  

Clear Cache:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135  

Delete cookies: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Also, try refreshing your browser and even try using a different browser if the issue persists. If none of these resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I cleared my history and cache and when logging into business the message still comes up that 8960 is still not ready.  I also updated business

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you cleared your cookies and cache, you may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

If you still continue to have the same problem, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

Why should one have to do that?  Other forms have been updated. 

I cleared my cache and cookies, but it didn't help.  Then, a TurboTax Customer Service Rep told me this morning that TurboTax doesn't actually have Forms 8949 and 8960 ready for download/update yet, despite the e-mail message saying they are ready.  She said, "wait a few days."  Hope she is right.  I will give it a couple of days. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can view the form availability here, to assist you in tracking when the forms will be available for you to file. 

No, the link says 8960 but in business it still says ready soon but not now.

The availability link indicates that form 8960 is available, just as the e-mail from TruboTax indicated.  But, if you actually use the tax software, it says the form is not yet available, even after it has been updated.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

This issue has been escalated to our Research and Development and they are working on a solution. 

harry phillips
Returning Member

Why send out email if not available in Business?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click on the link below to do a manual software update (even if the software says it's up to date). This has resolved the forms availability issue for some users.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic ...

The updates listed don't include TurboTax Business 2020.  I am not having trouble with my TurboTax Deluxe. 

The  8960 problem is in Business.  

henrycfa

Please get this problem corrected!!  I, too, have tried all the "solutions" offered above to no positive effect.  This is very disappointing to a user and shareholder.  Your can do better because you are better...