I am trying to file my utah tax refund and it keeps telling me that I need to fix some things but I cannot find anything that needs fixed

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Can you clarify the exact message that it is giving you?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So I go to do my state taxes and I finish it and it goes to do the check thing to make sure everything is done. When it does the check each time it says "1 detail for you to review" when I click on it it takes me to a page that says "fix utah return"  when I click on that it takes me to the entry page where I need to fix something but I dont know what to fix. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I recommend going through your state interview questions again.

This message usually appears when there is a field empty that needs to be completed or it could be something as simple as checking a box.  

To do this, go ahead and log back into TurboTax.

1. Select State in the black panel on the left.
  2. Select Edit to the right of your state under the screen titled Status of your state returns and go over the state again.
  3. Be sure to review your input on each screen to ensure all questions have been answered. 
  4. Also be sure to check the input areas as sometimes you will need to enter a zero if information does not apply to your state return.

State screen

I redid my state questions and it is still coming up with the same thing. 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Do you have a W-2 with UT withholdings reported in Box 17?  If so, try editing the state ID code in Box 15.   Click on Federal in the left menu and edit the entry from the Wages and Income section.  

Change the WTH from capital letters to lower case (wth).   Just make sure you put in the numbers first and then the letters without a hyphen.   This removes the e-filing error if the error is due to the code.   

The page will not let me change anything on my utah taxes and I've already filed my federal taxes because it let me file them without the state taxes. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@bkoyle823

rstrat68

This worked for me! Needs to be marked as answer.