Is the coinbase csv upload feature not working for anyone? It says my document doesn't have the right headers, but I generated the file from coinbase. Please advise!

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Please make sure you are following these steps exactly, then it should work, How do I get a CSV file from Coinbase? - TurboTax

If this process does not work, please contact us by phone for additional assistance, What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PBJ918

SAME ISSUE, except with Crypto.com. I tried contacting support, but they were of no help.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Another user advises:

"I was able to get a CSV file imported into TurboTax.   I selected BitTaxer and deleted all columns from my CSV file except for the 5 listed below.   I had to delete the Service Name column.  It finally worked, but not until my column labels matched the following:

1. Purchase Date
  2. Date Sold
  3. Proceeds
  4. Cost Basis
  5. Currency Name

All transactions imported and I was able to check off the ones that are not taxable (such as your rewards) so as to not include them on my tax return."

You may want to download your .csv file to your desktop and review the transactions to see if you need to enter in different areas of TurboTax.  

Click this link for more info on How to Report Crypto Transactions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"