Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Unfortunately, you can't.

Prior year returns have to be paper-filed, since e-filing is no longer available. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article How do I prepare a 2019, 2018, or 2017 tax return? for more information.

The law gives taxpayers three years to submit a return and claim a refund.  You can certainly try again, and you should also contact the IRS about your predicament, and to make sure they have no return on file. 

Please see the IRS’s Let Us Help You page for more information.  You might also look into contacting the Taxpayer Advocate Service, if you qualify for their assistance.