user1537

How do I get in I have a license code, paid for turbo tax.

License code how to enter it?
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your license code is a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that verifies the software and allows you to finish installing and begin using TurboTax. TurboTax will ask for your license code when you download and install the program on your computer. If you are logging into TurboTax online, there is no license code.

Here’s where to find your license code:

TurboTax Download 

TurboTax CD

Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).

If you're being asked to re-enter your license code after a software update or multiple times, go here.

Still can’t find your code? Contact us.

Click to learn how to Activate TurboTax CD/Download software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dptsummers
Returning Member

Then why do I enter it, it accepts it and it still tells me that I have an Error Code of 75.  The past two reps stated that I should just mail my stuff in.  I'm sorry, I have already paid $40 to efile on state.  SO either want an e-file or y'all give me a refund.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

The price for TurboTax is to prepare the tax return, not e-file. TurboTax does not have access to your tax return and cannot e-file your return for you. We would need additional information to help with the error or reject code. If you feel that you are entitled to a refund, you would need to contact customer service here, as we are not able to assist with billing issues here in the community.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CharleeRose2022_
Returning Member

I have a license number, how can I do my tax return?

@CharleeRose2022_  The License Code is only for the Desktop CD/Download program.  Where did you buy it?  You need to install the program on your computer.  You can't apply it to the online version.  

Do you need help downloading or installing the program?

How to install the Desktop CD/Download program with a License Code

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code