Turbo Tax not showing the full amount owed for stimulus checks

Hello,

My family of 4, married filling jointly with 2 dependents did not received neither round of stimulus payments. Our AGI is under $150,000 combined and i believe we should get $3400 for the first round and $2400 for the second which accounts to a total of $5800. But after checking the box in turbotax online that i did not receive either credits, turbo tax is showing that my credit is $3600. I think that Turbo tax is not calculating this amount properly. I wonder if others are seeing the same issue.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It sounds as if you are not being given credit for your children in calculating the stimulus payment.  Please go back to the My Info section of TurboTax and review the entries for your children.

To be considered a qualifying child for the stimulus payments, a child must meet the following conditions:

• Relationship to the individual who’s eligible for the payment: The child is your son, daughter, stepchild, eligible foster child, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, half-brother, half-sister, or a descendant of any of them (for example, grandchild, niece, or nephew).
  • Child's age: The child was under age 17 on December 31, 2019.
  • Dependent of the individual who's eligible for the payment: The child was claimed as your dependent on your 2019 tax return or in the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool.
  • Child's citizenship: The child’s a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. resident alien.
  • Child's residency: The child lived with you for more than half of 2019.
  • Support for child: The child didn’t provide over half of their own support for 2019.
  • Child's tax return: The child doesn’t file a joint return for the year (or files it only to claim a refund of withheld income tax or estimated tax paid).

For more information, please see the following articles on the IRS website:

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you so much!!!!