Why didn't my info import?

I have used TT for years. I started my 2020 return. The program states it can import info from .tax or .pdf files. I browsed for and selected my 2019 pdf file (I no longer have the .tax file). NONE of the info actually imported. I have pretty extensive sch C and E depreciation reports, and it's going to be a real pain to re-type all this info! I've never had a problem with this import in the past. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Please follow the instructions below to import your PDF files.

Transfer last year's return to 2020 TurboTax for Windows

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This does not work. I browsed and selected the pdf file and clicked to import it. There were no further instructions. The program indicates that it is "getting your data from pdf file", but nothing actually imports. I start from square one.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please contact TurboTax Customer Care for assistance. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.