mike185

Turbo tax premier locks up when filling out the stimulus review page

program locks up and won't continue

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Use the Chrome browser and clear browsing data for all time.  Then log back into TurboTax.  That should take care of the screen locking problem.

If you did not receive the second stimulus check please remember that 

the IRS will continue to make stimulus payments until February 5. 

Continue to check the
 IRS Get My Payment website to see if a bank deposit is made or if a check or debit card is issued. 

After February 12, if these is still no payment made then follow these steps to add the payment to your 2020 tax refund.

At the top of your tax return select Federal Review

Insert fed review pic

That will take you to this screen where it asks if you have already received your stimulus payments.  If you received the first or second payment already, then select Yes and fill in the information.  If you did not receive any payment select No.  If you received the first payment only, fill in that amount and put zero (0) for the second payment.

When the screen is correct, you refund will be adjusted for the amount of stimulus payment that will be added to your 2020 refund.

Insert Stim Pic hereWhen you complete your stimulus screen, you can check your 1040 form by going to Tax Tools, Tools, Tax Summary.

Then there will be a link in the left hand panel to preview your 1040 form.  Go to Line 30.  That is the amount that will be added to your refund to make up for any missing stimulus payment.  If that amount is not correct, please let us know.

EmmaBU

I deleted History and Cache and it still locks up when it goes to the Stimulus worksheet page. It will not go forward after I put the correct amount in the box.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Since we're unable to see your tax return through this public forum, this issue can be addressed best by contacting customer care. Please click here for steps to get customer care for the resolution of this issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mike185

Clearing the cache as described did solve the initial problem of the stimulus work sheet locking up. However after filing out the work sheet showing that I had received the full amount on both stimulus checks the work sheet incorrectly put  the wrong amount on line 30. Instead of 0 it put $1200 which I didn’t see until after I filed. Now I will have to file an amended form which I can’t do until the IRS accepts my original return.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This year has been packed with changes and the IRS is allowing some latitude trying to help everyone.  The link below will show you what the IRS has on file for your stimulus payments.

• Get My Payment - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you did receive. If so, then it's another confirmation the IRS will not release the funds a second time.

The IRS will compare the amounts in their system to the returns that are file and then there are two possible outcomes.

1. The IRS will reject the return in which case you can correct it and immediately resubmit.
  2. The IRS accepts the return and automatically makes the adjustment.

It would seem they have a system already in place to make the necessary adjustments or an automatic reject if your return doesn't match their records. Do not amend until you know the results of your tax return after e-file opens on February 12th. If for any reason you do have to amend, which is unlikely, remember it can now be e-filed and currently the form is scheduled to be available February 18th.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"