Can someone advise me on where to put in information from a supplemental statement that I received from my employer along with my W2? It details sick and EFL due to covid

Box 14 was blank for me on my W2, so they supplied this additional statement. It has info about the dollar amounts that were paid to me during the year of 2020 for Extended Family Leave and Covid Paid sick leave.
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You would add them to your W2 entries in box 14. 

Put in the "description", "amount" and select the category in the drop down menu. 

Add another box 14 and do the same for each item from your statement.

It sounds like you will be using the Emergency Family Leave and Covid sick leave $200/day categories.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much @DMarkM1 ! So I should still put it in the space for box 14 data even if the box 14 on my actual W2 was blank and this info was provided in a supplementary statement from my employer?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

That is correct.  It was just easier for the employer to use a separate statement vice the small box 14 area on a W2 to show the information.  

This response was closest to my question, so I am adding it here. My employer did include in box 14 funds paid to me for leave I took to care for my kids with school closed. This is under this section of FFCRA:

A covered employer must provide to employees that it has employed for at least 30 days:

• Up to an additional 10 weeks of paid expanded family and medical leave at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate of pay where an employee is unable to work due to a bona fide need for leave to care for a child whose school or child care provider is closed or unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19.

So - does this get coded in Turbo Tax as "other - not on the list below" or "emergency family leave wages"? The next question is if any of my income was "Paid Family Leave" - do I check that it is?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. If it is in the State of Massachusetts, it could be coded as paid family leave. If not, select other(not classified) in the drop down and then in the description field, give it an accurate description.