I entered the 1099-nec information for my spouse due to work with amazon. It is asking me to link to a Schedule C. We don't have one. What do I do?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your husband worked for Amazon as an Independent Contractor, not a W-2 employee.  Income for Independent Contractors is reported on Form 1099-NEC (Form 1099-MISC prior to 2020).  Independent Contractors report their income and expenses on Schedule C, as part of their personal tax return.  If you do not have any expenses to report on Schedule C, then you can use TurboTax Deluxe or Premier.  If you have expenses related to the 1099-NEC income to deduct, then you must use TurboTax Self-Employed.

To create a Schedule C, while logged in to your account and working in your return, click on Search.  Type in "Schedule C", hit Enter, and then click on "Jump to Schedule C".  The program will guide you through completing your Schedule C.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And I just saw this error FAQ about linking schedule C.  It might not be your error or you might see it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-can-not-link-my-1099-nec-in-turbotax-online/01... 

View solution in original post

mbraggins

This does not help. I was aware of all those things. I was asking about the unknown error that someone else commented on below. 

mbraggins

Thanks VolvoGirl that is the exact problem I am having. 

I'm having this same problem! Any updates or fixes to this? I can't file until this is resolved. And I can't find any solutions online. My 1099 NEC is complete and correct per Turbo Tax. If there is link needed, please just tell us where to get it or removed this error. Thank you! 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

E-filing doesn't start until the 12th and this issue is being worked on.   Use the link(s) below to sign up to be notified when the issue is resolved.   There are 2 possible 

Some TurboTax Online customers are getting the error below when attempting to link their Form 1099-NEC.

Check This Entry

Form 1099-NEC Worksheet (XXXXX): A link to Schedule C or another form is something we need to get your info in the right place.

If you are experiencing this issue, please sign up here for email updates as we are working on the issue.

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue linking a 1099-NEC to the correct person. The name on the NEC is reverting to the main taxpayer's name (instead of the spouse).

If you're experiencing the issue above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
carleyjoy

Thank you, Dawn! I am getting the spousal error and it's the last thing I need to complete before filing. Filled out the form you attached and looking forward to hearing back!