Can I fill out an independent contractor 1099 before a finish and pay for my 2020 turbotax?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Do you need to prepare a 1099NEC to give to some you paid? Or to report a 1099 you received as self employment income?

Our small business used independent contractors for daywork.  There is a place under deductions that allows money paid to these IC's but I was never able to access IRS forms to complete 1099 -misc and the required 1096 to accompany the submission to the IRS.  I have used Turbotax for several years and always have some insurmountable problem to solve every year.

Yes you can prepare the 1099NEC before you file or pay for your personal return.

You need to give a 1099NEC (previous a 1099Misc) to anyone you paid $600 or more to for the year. But not to corporations or for merchandise. You send the IRS a copy of the 1099Misc with the transmittal summary form 1096. These are due to the person by Jan 31 and to the IRS by Jan 31 also.

Starting in 2020 they added a new 1099NEC form to replace the 1099Misc.  If you are using the Online Self Employed version or Desktop Home & Business program or Business program you can use Turbo Tax.

For Online Self Employed version,

Scroll down to Your Account and click on Show

Click on Create W-2s and 1099s

In your return, Anywhere on any screen you see....

Help me prepare and file W-2s and 1099s

Click on it and the side box will open, Then click on Quick Employer Formsin the side box.

Or from the Account Screen it will take you directly to Quick Employer Forms

See my answer with screen shots at the very end of this thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/can-i-use-quick-employer-forms-with-turb...