Tax Filing Got Stuck in the Completecheck

Hello

This "Check This Entry" keeps coming back forever!

Check This Entry

Form 1099-B Worksheet (TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc.): Sales Price does not match the value on the Capital Gain (Loss) Adjustment Worksheet. Leave this value blank when using the Capital Gain(Loss) Adjustment Worksheet

Sales Price 2,806.94

How do I tell TurboTax to get out of the loop?

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I would recommend reviewing the transaction to your hard copy 1099B received from TD Ameritrade to verify it transferred correctly.  TurboTax recommends reviewing all import information from outside sources to insure the import came through correctly.  It sounds like the amount in the adjust column of the Form 8949 for this transaction.  TurboTax is referencing the Adjustment Worksheet, which may or may not be correct.  Your best bet is to go back to the TD Ameritrade source document and review this transaction, then access the transaction in TurboTax under the Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds section to see how it import.  If a correction is needed, make it in TurboTax.

Taxpayers can reduce their income by up to $3000 in capital losses annual, with any unused capital loss carried over to the next tax year.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hello SamS1

I'm sorry, I only use the online version of TurboTax. Your suggestion is useful for people who do the tax filing on paper.