nealba

Didn't receive stimulus for my dependents (both under 16). I put in the info in the recovery rebate area it only credits for 1 dependent. Any idea how to fix this?

I'm putting in the amount I received for myself. Why isn't TurboTax recognizing both dependents in the calculation?
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You may need to View/Print your return and check the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet.

When you go to the Federal Review and enter the stimulus amount you received, TurboTax will calculate what you should have received and the balance due is a Tax Credit for you.

Click this link for more info on Recovery Rebate Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Naenae122077
Returning Member

It is also telling me that I received the correct amount. I even restarted the taxes to see if it was an error on my part. I am thinking it is turbo software. Short of printing and filing by mail to ensure that the credit is received. Idk what else to do.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

The children, besides being age 16 or under, must be eligible for the Child Tax Credit (CTC) .  Look at the forms view to ensure the box is checked in line 4b as eligible for the CTC.  

1. In a browser sign in to your account
  2. Click "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu
  3. Click "Tools"
  4. Click "View Tax Summary"
  5. Click "Preview My 1040" in the left hand menu

Here are the qualifications for the CTC.  The answers to the dependent questions in the "Personal Info" section determine the box 4b status. 

• The child must be younger than 17 on the last day of the tax year, generally Dec 31.
  • The child must be the taxpayer’s son, daughter, stepchild, foster or adopted child, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, half-brother or half-sister. An adopted child includes a child lawfully placed with them for legal adoption. They can also include grandchildren, nieces or nephews.
  • The child must have not provided more than half of their own support for the year.
  • The taxpayer must claim the child as their dependent on their federal tax return.
  • The child cannot file a tax return for the same year with the status married filing jointly, unless the only reason they are filing is to claim a refund.
  • The child must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national or a U.S. resident alien.
  • In most cases, the child must have lived with the taxpayer for more than half of 2019.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"