slitasi

I downloaded Turbotax but Windows 10 won't install. Says its not Microsoft-verified

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

is your windows version 10S

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

On that page, is your edition of Windows reported as Home, or Home S?

While in the Settings App, go to Home - Apps, at the top of that page, is there a 'Choose Where to get Apps' drop-down, and if so, is that set to 'Everywhere'?

View solution in original post

slitasi

Thanks Mike!

I have home edition and did not have "everywhere".  Installing now!

Thanks, Sherry

Bellerjo

You must be an administrator to change this setting to "everywhere" or "Anywhere"

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are having trouble installing the software, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @Bellerjo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Paul A

I windows home 10 S. I can't find anywhere to change setting of where I can download from

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I've included steps, along with screenshots, to change your 'download from' settings.  @Paul A

1. Click the Windows icon and select Settings (gear icon) 

2. Go to Apps & Features and select the drop-down box under 'Choose where to get apps'

3. Select Anywhere

It's 1/24/24: Same issue.  Purchased Turbo Tax from Sams, downloaded.  Initial pop up ' The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft verified App.'   When I click (in that same window to) Change my app setting, there is No Intuit or Turbo Tax app.  When I right click, nothing.  My laptop is not Windows S mode.  Is there a work-around? 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Are you installing while using Windows 10? You are posting on an old thread.

I am going to suggest these steps below. I think you might be having an issue other users have experienced with installing when using Windows 10. 

Type "environment" in the windows search bar.  

This will bring up "Edit the System Environment Variables" as a match.   

Clicking on it takes you to the "Advanced" tab of a dialog box titled "System Properties."   

Near the bottom of the dialog box, click on the pushbutton labeled "Environment Variables...".   

This brings up a separate dialog box that shows the current values for user environment variables at the top and system variables at the bottom. In the list of user environment variables, you should see both TEMP and TMP, and their current values.   

Click on each, then click on the "Edit..." pushbutton.   

This brings up another dialog box in which you can change the "Variable value" to "C:\Temp" (be sure to change the variable value, not the variable name).   

This folder must, of course, exist for this step to work properly.   

OK out of all the dialog boxes and retry the install.   

Environment variable changes take effect immediately, so if this is the only change you make, it's not necessary to reboot.