I am simply trying to renew my account and talk with a person. I have spoken with them several times, and they refuse to fix the issue. What can I do?

Many emails from Intuit asking me to buy the product.  I have spoken with them, and they say it's all good, I am paid, but they have not seent the product - just more emails asking me to buy.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

See the page I'm linking below to update your marketing preferences from TurboTax.

Select Your Marketing Preferences (intuit.com)

Now, as to your TurboTax account:  What do you mean when you say you're trying to "renew" your account.  Are you a TurboTax Advantage member?  That's the service that automatically renews your product purchase each year without you placing a new order.  

You say you've already paid.  Does that mean that you've purchased TurboTax for 2020?  Did you purchase a download or a CD (Desktop platform)?

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Now, as to your TurboTax account: What do you mean when you say you're trying to "renew" your account. Are you a TurboTax Advantage member? That's the service that automatically renews your product purchase each year without you placing a new order.

--- You would think so.  But I kept getting messages that there was a "problem" with my account.  I called, spoke with a support person, dealt with the issue, and they said it was fixed.  AFter that, I did not receive the CD, but  I continued to get emails saying there was a problem with my account.  I called  a second time, dealt with the problem again, was again told that it was fixed.  I continued to not receive the  CD, but I did  get more emails (and snail mails) telling me that my account had  a problem.   I called a third time, spoke to someone again who assured me that all was well.  I continued to not get the CD, but got more emails and snail mails telling me that there was a problem with my account.

---  At some point, one starts to get the  idea that they just don't want my business.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@denisrepp So you ARE a TurboTax Advantage member?  You shouldn't have to renew that membership.  But if your payment information has changed since last year, the "system" would not be able to process your automatic purchase.  If that happens, you'd need to order your product manually.  

Here's a link with information on how to update your TurboTax Advantage membership info:

How do I update or confirm the info in my TurboTax Advantage account? 

If Customer Support has indicated that a CD has been mailed, there is likely a download in your TurboTax Advantage account, as well.  Look there and see if you can go ahead and begin using the download.

In the meantime, I'll bring your post to the attention of TurboTax Moderators to see if they can help.  Hopefully, someone will reach out to you either in this thread or by email.  So make sure your account info is current.

I'm so sorry you've had all this difficulty.  Please check your TTA account and see if you find your download there.  

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you Kat! 

Yes, I am a Turbo Tax Advantage member, have been for several years.  As I said, something happened with my payment method this year, which led to the initial notifications and attempts to fix.

This was followed by three separate calls to Support, three "fixes", and three assurances from the support people that "it all looks good".

I have now spoken to a fourth person (apparently at a higher level than the first three), and it appears that he may have fixed it.  At least, I can see that the payment has gone through, and I got an email confirming the order.  Frustrating that it took four calls and two months.  No CD yet, but the email suggests that it's in the works.

(That fourth guy also said to be on the lookout for a survey, in which I intend to give him him good marks, but it's been a while now, and I haven't received that.)

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Well, @denisrepp bless you!  You've been through the wringer! 

I hope your account is now truly straightened out.  Advantage orders usually go out in November.  If account info isn't accurate, members kind of miss the boat for that year.  But DO look in your account for your download.  I believe that is complimentary for Advantage members.

Please post back if you have further difficulty!