1Renegades3
Returning Member

my [PII removed] account number has changed. How do I get turbo tax to accept the new account number?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Are you referring to the bank account number for direct deposit or direct debit?  Make sure you are entering the correct numbers for the Routing Number and the Account Number.

If you continue to have difficulty, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

39Miller

I need to update my bankaccount

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you are referring to the stimulus direct deposit information, please refer to this article for instructions:   Update your stimulus payment direct deposit information.  It is important that you do this as soon as possible and before January 14

If you are referring to the bank account for direct deposit of your tax refund, this is handled in the filing process.  Once you are ready to file, click the File link in the black bar at the left of your screen.  As you go through the interview, you will be asked to enter bank information for direct deposit of your refund.