It says I can't efile until next year

It says my transmission did not go through and then it says I cannot efile until 1/27/2019 for my 2019 taz return that is already late?? Anyone else have this issue?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Ok ... the message is faulty ... it meant to say the 2020 returns starts filing 1/27/21 not the 2019 return.

The window to efile  first time 2019 returns has closed ... your ONLY option is to choose to mail in the return in the FILE tab so the proper forms and instructions will be populated. 

Only those 2019 returns that were previously  filed by 10/15 and were rejected can correct the rejected information and resubmit their returns by 10/20.  

je90

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Just got off the phone with customer support.

As you saw on the website, it says rejected returns can be fixed before 10/20. This *should* be the case, but for some reason the IRS has completely closed e-filing on the 15th. They are apparently trying to get to the bottom of this, and said that while I could wait until Monday in the hopes that they resolve the error by the 20th, they recommend filing by mail instead.

Which is total bull. These guys spend millions lobbying to keep manual filing relevant, but shift the blame on the IRS when their products don't work as advertised. See you at the post office.