I filed my federal

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Congratulations!  

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  Accepted only means they accepted your return FOR Processing.  Not that your return is right.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Not sure why TT didn't post my whole question.... this is my problem.

I filed an extension with my accountant, but am no longer using their services. How can I mark my tax return that it was extended in July?

You don't need to.  Just file as normal.  Did you make a payment with the extension?

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To the screen where you enter Extension Payments.

To enter the amount you paid with an extension (including state extension)  go to

Federal Taxes (or Personal for desktop H&B version)

Deductions and Credits

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Other Income Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

Next page second section Payments with Extension

Either Visit All or Click Start or Update by the extension you paid

Okay, so typically I get a refund so I didn't submit any payment with the extension. The amount showing currently is that I would owe... I don't think that is right. Is that amount calculating late penalties? 

It might be.  Check over your return before you file.  Is there an amount on line 24?

You might be able to eliminate it or at least reduce it.  You can go to Federal Taxes tab or Personal tab, under Other Tax Situations and select Start by the Underpayment Penalties. You will answer a series of questions that may reduce or eliminate the penalty. Or you can elect to have the IRS figure the penalty for you.  It's form 2210.

It's under

Federal or Personal (for Home & Business Desktop)

Other Tax Situations

Additional Tax Payments

Underpayment Penalties - Click the Start or update button

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...