Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@andrewryan6793 wrote:

That last bit you said in your reply is actually what I was talking about. I've never worked 3 jobs in a single year before so I didn't know exactly that it's 3 W-2s and not 3 returns. Regardless, how do I go about filling out my 2020 tax return with 3 different W-2s? Is there an option to add W-2s while I'm filing? I'd prefer to file myself if I can because I don't exactly trust people and if I mess up my own return, I'm the sole person to blame on the matter. You know?

You file one tax return for the entire year that lists all your income, deductions and credits.  Entering a W-2 is usually the first thing you do, and after entering one W-2, one of the questions the program will ask is, "do you have another W-2?"  Keep going until you have entered them all.

Don't be in a rush to file, wait until you have all your tax documents.  The company has until January 31 to mail the W-2 and you can't start complaining to the company or the IRS until at least Feb 15.  Make sure all thee companies have your correct mailing address.  Some companies offer employees the ability to view and download their own W-2s, you might want to sign up for this so you don't have to wait for the mail.  Some companies will also provide their W-2s to Turbotax so customers can load their wage information automatically, but many do not, so you should still be relying on those paper W-2 forms you will get in the mail.

When you prepare your return, you can upgrade to Turbotax Live Online to get live assistance from a tax accountant, but it is probably not needed.  Just follow the steps in the program carefully, read everything, and do go to the next step until you understand what is being asked of you.