Feature request: Import 1099s from brokers to Form 1041 (TurboTax Business)

This import feature is already available for the TurboTax for the longest time that I can't even remember when. However, the TurboTax Business (form 1041 in my case) for some reasons doesn't have this feature, that I don't quite understand as the software costs a lot too. I believe many trusts out there have investments (stocks, bonds, funds, etc ...) to report. The feature is going to help a lot. Please consider adding this to the coming year. Thanks. 

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@easyxpress wrote:

The feature is going to help a lot. Please consider adding this to the coming year. Thanks. 

I sincerely hope someone is listening but, frankly, "this coming year" could be the year 2012 because that is how long (at least) this feature request has been out there.

Not sure if this is appropriate here. I'm wondering if there is any tax prep software out there that currently have this import feature? 

There are only two other companies that develop consumer-level software that is capable of preparing a 1041 for a trust or estate.

I cannot answer your specific question but, based upon the various reviews I have read with respect to both products, I would steer clear of them.

Regardless, it does not appear as if they offer any greater functionality than TurboTax but it is difficult to determine, precisely, because neither has an extensive support network, as does TurboTax (e.g., they do not have a community such as this one).

View solution in original post

Doubling down on this request.  My son has a special needs trust that needs a 1041 prepared, the sole input is a 1099... probably going to pass on buying TurboTax Business to do the return because of the lack of import.  I use premium for my own return, wish the 1041 for Trusts could be in there.