arniekb

none

none

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Do you have a question we can help with? Please provide details so we can better assist. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pgood1

I have completed my federal and state returns and I have tried to efile.  I have three state returns to file (NY, CT and MA).  When I try to efile, I get an error message advising me that:

"Res Sch 2 Wks (MA): Jurisdiction Code 1 should be equal to the 2 letter state code for this copy of the worksheet."

New York comes up in the box.  If I change it to MA, the next window says "Jurisdiction Code 2 should be equal to Jurisdiction Code 1."

If I make both blocks NY, I still get an error.  If I make both blocks MA, I still get an error.  I am unable to select CT because CT is not in the drop down list.  The error is on the CT Form because there is a "Schedule 2" that covers credit for income taxes paid to other jurisdictions.  For my taxes this year, those two jurisdictions are NY and MA.  I think the form has been completed correctly because MA and NY are the correct jurisdictions.  However,  the software is caught in a loop that tries to make both jurisdictions the same (even though they are actually different).  I tried to get around this by only efiling the federal, NY and MA returns.  I will have to paper file the CT return unless you can fix the problem so I can efile CT too.

Thanks for your help.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please contact us for assistance.

Click the Help button on the top menu bar.

1. Then select TurboTax Help Center.
  2. A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
  3. Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen.  You will need to enter your information in this section.

This will allow you to get product support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"