lucy1918

How to download tax information from my ameritrade account?

LindaA
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can import your 1099-B from TD Ameritrade because it participates in the TurboTax Partner program.

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type 1099-b.
  • In the results box, highlight 1099-b, then click GO.
  • You'll land on Did you sell any investments in 2017? Click Yes
  • Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales? Click Yes.
  • Choose your bank or brokerage. Select TD Ameritrade under the popular choices, then scroll down and click Continue. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.) 
  • Nice! We can go ahead and import your 1099-B now. (Click the second screenshot below.) Enter the information requested to access your account. (For TD Ameritrade, this is the Account Number and Document ID.) For security reasons, you'll need to click the box next to I'm not a robot and follow the instructions. Once there is a green check-mark next to "I'm not a robot", you may scroll down and click Continue to import the 1099-B.

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

How do I import my 1099?    https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

View solution in original post

can't find the tool 

I have verified with TD Ameritrade that the info I am loading is correct but I continue to get error messages from Turbo Tax.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@panningg

Please provide more information. What is the error message?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This solution applies to 2018 tax software not 2019

Just tried to download transactions from TD Ameritrade to 2020 Desktop version of TurboTax. I installed from CD that I [purchased in store and have updated accordingly). Was able to import my W2's OK. When I went tp import my stock transactions from my TD Ameritrade 2020 1099 forms I got the following error message  today. 

TurboTax  Home and Business 200

TD Ameritrade

Invalid sign on

Please advise on how to fix.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information.  

Are you getting the Invalid Sign On for when you are logging in to TD Ameritrade?  If so, you will need to reach out to them for further assistance, or, manually input your information.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here? Were you able to fix this?

documents cannot be transferred from td ameritrade to turbo tax. stop blaming it on amertrade or our credentials. I can assure you my credentials are correct, as I have no issue logging into Ameritrade from any platform.  obviously there is an issue with turbotax,  with this many complaints already. 

"that didnt work, try again"

"that didnt work, check your login info and try again"

"that still didnt work, try again"

"enter manually"

Still not working for me either. The problem is on the Turbo Tax end in my opinion.

No I do not get invalid login when I log into Ameritrade. My Ameritrade ID and pasword work fine from all my devices. I am able to login into Ameritrade and retrieve my 1099 form as a PDF. The issue is when I go to try to import my stock transactions from  Ameritrade from  within Turbo Tax.  That is when I get the invalid login. The issue is within Turbo Tax and would appreciate a response. I have over a hundred stock transactions and I do not have time to manually enter them. This has always worked other years and have never has a problem. Would appreciate a specific response on what to do to fix. Thank you.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@PaulS392 You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described below: 

darkbeers
Returning Member

Yep,  same issue here.   "Invalid Login"  for TD Ameritrade for the CD\Desktop version of TurboTax.   This has always worked in prior years.  I have wayyyyyy too many transaction to enter manually.   

Turbo Tax needs to facilitate a business-to-business discussion with TD Ameritrade to either resolve for all users or to provide step-by-step instructions for end user to conducts via TD Ameritrade and/or via Turbo Tax