Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ Clara4 wrote:

I don't know if my taxes have been filed or not.  Didn't get a copy need one .  I know you got paid. It that is all I have found.  Please help

Not enough information.  How did you prepare the 2019 return?   Did you prepare it Online (web version), or did you use desktop software (CD/download) installed on your computer?  If desktop software, for Windows or Mac?

And what is your issue now?   Are you unable to find a 2019 online return you prepared so you can download/print it for your records?  Or are you unable to find a return you prepared in the installed software?  Or what??

If you prepared the return in Online TurboTax, log in and at the Tax Home, what is shown for the "return status"?

Bruce38
Returning Member

I saved my 2020 tax file and then opened it to work on it.  It was up for about a week waiting for forms that the government hadn't submitted.  The computer rebooted in the meantime. I updated TurboTax  when the forms arrived. I lost all of my work.  About 10 hours worth.  I had this happen once before this year but TurboTax had auto saved after I had it up a couple of days.  So, I was able to recover my work then.  It didn't offer the search this time. Anyone know where I might find the file?  

Are you on Windows?  If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like  "~your name.tax2020".  That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

Find your Tax file in Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows/00/...

nasa931

No it does not ask you.  I am using the desktop version on Mac, just upgraded and all work was lost.  I hit Command S before I started the upgrade, which I just confirmed is the shortcut to save in the Turbo Tax menu.

I'm furious - have used TurboTax for years and never hit this severe of a bug until now.  Our return was almost done and now have to start over from nil.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nasa931 I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please Contact us so we can help.

melissacesquire
Returning Member

OMG this exact same **bleep**ing thing just happened to me, but it was even more time! 

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I'm not optimistic...

FFS!

So now I've just read the whole thread and my suspicions seem to have been confirmed.

If anyone has any idea how to recover the hours of apparently lost work, on a Mac, please advise ASAP.

Thanks.

RonT2

Why is my autosave disabled?

RonT2

I do not understand why is my autosave disabled? Help

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

There are different ways to save your file depending if you are using online or desktop.  I am attaching a TurboTax link for your reference.  Click here: Auto save

@RonT2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"