Don't understand why my car registration didn't show

I'm at the point where I've finished entering deductions for 2019. I am sure that I entered the amount we paid for renewing the registration on our car in 2019. It was $48.75. The amount we paid in 2018 shows up in the comparison page between 2018 and 2019, but the $48.75 I am sure I entered, doesn't show up in that comparison page. All that's there is $0.

Does that mean that I failed to enter it during the interview process? If so, how do I get back to it?

Or does that me that $48.75 is too low so it's not included in the calculation?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your car registration is deductible if it’s a yearly fee based on the value of your vehicle and you itemize your deductions.  If you take the standard deduction (most people do), you will not see a tax deduction for this fee.  If you do itemize, you will see it as part of your property tax deductions on Schedule A.  

You can’t deduct the total amount you paid, only the portion of the fee that’s based on your vehicle’s value.  And, not all states have value-based registration fees. The states that do are list below along with the deductible portion of your registration fee.

States with deductible car registration fees and which portion you're allowed to claim

States where you claim personal property tax in lieu of vehicle registration fees

Where you can find your car registration fees:

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post