Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ Kimber3 wrote:

It is suggested to use my previous years AGI if I do not recall my self selected PIN, however my AGI is 6 digits long and the PIN is supposed to only be 5 digits.. how do I overcome this? Do I just omit the last digit of my AGI? 

NO.  You cannot enter AGI into the PIN field.   The 2018 AGI has a special field.  The screen to verify the efiling with 2018 AGI clearly says AGI on it and will take more than 5 digits (or even less than 5).   In contrast, the Self-Select PIN field is only for a PIN and will take only 5 digits--no more, no less.  

I don't have online TurboTax so I can't show you with an image what the exact screen looks like (or are you using desktop software-CD/download?)    Perhaps the screen you are on has a tiny link somewhere on it that says something like "use AGI instead."  Look at that screen carefully and scroll down if necessary.   Or see if you can back up and see a way to get to the AGI screen.  Or go through the FILE section again and after choosing " I want to efile" pay attention for any small links to use the 2018 AGI.

In any case, to confuse things further, even after entering the 2018 AGI, on a later screen just before submitting, in order to "sign" the return it will ask you to choose a 5-digit Self-Select PIN, and it will say you can enter any 5 numbers of your choice.   It does not have to be the same one used last year, but it can be.  I believe it's on a screen with today's date and your birthdate.