Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@CatinaT1  maybe you can help me my turbotax green dot account was closed along with 1000's of others with money still on my account. I called the number on the back of the card and keep getting hung up on.

I replied like 3 or 4 times but gave you wrong answers

I'm sorry.

I suggested to AMEND your TAX return.

Do not!!!

I didn't read where you said the efile was rejected.

You don't have to amend CUZ the IRS did not get the 2nd one.

They didn't get the "non filers" form.

Do nothing

Use a cover letter and explain their TOOL caused this.

Write on a regular 1040 (1040X)...aytach an explanation why you're amending on a regular 1040.

The address for a 1040x

My paper is wrong, I am a non resident, an my paper says the opposite, how can I fix it? 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Can you tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish and what "papers" refer to your residency status?  

@Lissiegrey_

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi,

Isn't there anyway to contact IRS and ask them to withdraw/cancel the false non-filer return?

This is the first year I wanted to e-file my tax return on TurboTax but it didn't go through because of multiple ssns error at the end... so I figured I made the same mistake! :( 

If there is any other way to withdraw or cancel the non-filer please let me know. Right now the IRS status says: non-filer accepted by IRS but I haven't received anything from IRS (no refund, no stimulus check since May!)

I'm worried that I won't get my refund OR the check because of this. 

I would appreciate your help

Thank you!

Mahshid

RobertG
Expert Alumni

Sorry, but there is no way to do that.

You will have to print your return and file by mail.

If you write Amended return at the top, or include a statement the IRS will process it.

But it may take awhile, due to a lack of staff and a big backlog at the IRS.

You will be able to claim your stimulus when you file your 2020 return.

@Mahshid_Sadoughi

I followed your instruction 50 days ago and still nothing .Also I forgot to mail my 1099's with it.Is it going to be a problem ?

I just printed out the 1040X form off of the IRS website. There to you can find the mailing address because it has to be mailed in USPS. Make sure you type up a cover letter explaining why you are amending the return. Good luck to all as I am still waiting to hear back from IRS on mine. I will post an update as soon as I have one to give. 

The IRS is just starting to do paper returns.

@Mahshid_Sadoughi 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BangieB
Returning Member

I'm curious if you were able to resolve your dilemma. My son did the exact same thing as you. He accidentally filed using the non-filer tool trying to get the stimulus check, not realizing that his parents claim him as a dependent as a college student.  I tried to file my taxes yesterday and they were rejected. He never did receive the stimulus and now I'm not sure how to fix this. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to paper file.  There is no way to get around that kind of reject.

This FAQ site may answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

BangieB
Returning Member

I figured I would have to mail in my return. Do you know what my son will need to do to correct his mistake?

Thank you for the link however we have reviewed every FAQ and none of them match his scenario.