How can I file irs form 941?

Where can I find form 941 to file

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Form 941 is only filed if you are a business paying employees and withholding taxes from their paychecks.  It must be filed at least quarterly and sometimes more often, depending on the size of your payroll.  TurboTax does not prepare form 941. QuickBooks might, if you use QuickBooks for your business. Making mistakes on form 941 can result in substantial penalties for your business and personal liability for you depending on the kind of business it is.  You may want to ask a professional accountant to help you set up your business accounting and explain the payroll forms and help you through the first few quarters, or maybe even outsource your payroll to a payroll company.  

JRPHOTO
Returning Member

Does TurboTax or TurboTax Business have the capability to walk me through filing my Form 941 quarterly?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, no.   However, I will leave you some links below that will hopefully help you tackle the issue.   What kind of payroll filings do you need to prepare?   TurboTax can help with some things - like Household Employees or the tax reporting of your already filed payroll taxes.   Quickbooks can help with payroll processing too.   Don’t let the challenge of processing payroll overwhelm you.

You must file IRS Form 941 if you operate a business and have employees working for you. Certain employers whose annual payroll tax and withholding liabilities are less than $1,000, might get approval to file the annual version—Form 944.

With QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced, you can file and pay for your taxes electronically.

Video: Guide to Payroll Taxes

How to Pay Employer Federal Taxes

@JRPHOTO

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This article seems to cover all the steps I do every QRT 

Form 941 Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return: Instructions & How to Fill Out
https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/irs-form-941-instructions

I realize I'm necroing a year old post, but this is for anyone coming to find answers.

For the love of god.. do NOT use Quickbooks.

I can't tell you how miserable my experience was... I literally went out and got an accountant and paid the premium to do so just to stay away from the nightmare that is Quickbooks... the worst part is their customer service "experts".. they have no clue what they're doing.  My suggestion is just to pony up and pay an accountant the little bit extra to handle all of this for you.

If Turbo Tax just had a quarterly filing of the 941 form we'd have everything we need to handle payroll ourselves but unfortunately they want to sell more product and force you into paywall garbage pile that is Quickbooks to handle this.

not so fast why should most taxpayers who do not need to file 941s  pay the extra cost of the incorporation of such a form into an income tax program? in addition, you not only have 941's but 940, W-2's, W-3, and any related state forms.

but in a way you are correct. if you don't understand the app don't use it. there are probably Turbotax users who should really be using a pro.

The regular  quickbooks online program is a bloody nightmare ... RUN FOR THE HILLS  !!!

The SELF EMPLOYED version is a bit better however you can get lost fast. 

The downloaded version is wonderful  and will do everything you need and want   HOWEVER  you must know what you need and want so it is better for those who know bookkeeping or are at least willing to learn ... I use it myself for my bookkeeping clients.