I live out of the country. Can I still file an extension for Sept 15?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Normally, taxpayers living outside the United States I have an automatic two month extension from April 15 to June 15. This does not require filing a request for automatic extension, as long as you write on the top of your mailed in return that you are out of the country.  If you want to get the second automatic extension to October 15, you have to file the automatic extension request form 4868 by mail before June 15 (and write on the top that you are out of the country, otherwise the form is considered late after April15).

however, for the 2019 tax season, the April 15 deadline was automatically extended by the IRS to July 15. That applies to both US residents and expatriots. To get an extension to October 15, you must file form 4868 by July 15.  You may have difficulty doing that online since TurboTax online is only intended to be used by US residents. If you have trouble with the online form, you can mail the IRS a paper form.  See the link below for forms and instructions.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/extension-of-time-to-file-your-tax-return

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

thank you for your answer.  I do have a US resident address as well as live out of the country most of the time.  The past 9 years I've filed the extension within Turbo tax, but I will do it via snail mail this year - I need the extended deadline.  Thank you for your help.