cooksx
Returning Member

I purchased a "Deluxe" Turbo Tax download thru Amazon, Why am I asked to upgrade for $60????

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Are you actually using the downloaded software or did you stray into online TurboTax by mistake?  You do not "log in" to use desktop TT.

You appear to be posting from online software instead of the desktop CD/download software that the license code is for.  If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lopezo517

NO, 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Each level of the software provides more forms as needed.  Please see the following link to determine which version of the software you need.

Forms included in TurboTax products

After you determine what version you need based upon your tax documents, you can either upgrade or lower your level by using the links below as it applies to your particular situation.

Please note, in order to downgrade, you will need to make sure you have not paid any fees yet.  You will need to clear and start over to downgrade.

How to downgrade TurboTax to a lower level

How to upgrade levels in TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"