I need to speak to a customer service representative right away

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi.  You can contact a representative here: Contact TurboTax.  Please try to be specific in the box for the reason for contact - this will ensure that the contact information that you are given routes you most efficiently to the department best suited to assist you to resolve the matter you you need to speak with someone about. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Gigi77
Returning Member

In 2018 I used Turbo Tax Home and Business. It automatically downloaded my 2017 tax information onto my 2018 return. This year I again purchased Home and Business and it did not automatically transfer the information. I tried to download it from my 2018 software, but the dropdown menu did not have the list of files you can download any more. I signed into Turbo Tax and they said I didn't submit my taxes with Turbo Tax last year. Meanwhile, the 2018 software is on the computer, I received my tax refund for 2018 after filling electronically from Turbo Tax, and I have a printed copy of my final tax return. Given that I spent a substantial amount on this software, I am irked that I can't download the information automatically. Is there a way?

@ Gigi77 wrote:

In 2018 I used Turbo Tax Home and Business. It automatically downloaded my 2017 tax information onto my 2018 return. This year I again purchased Home and Business and it did not automatically transfer the information. I tried to download it from my 2018 software, but the dropdown menu did not have the list of files you can download any more. I signed into Turbo Tax and they said I didn't submit my taxes with Turbo Tax last year. Meanwhile, the 2018 software is on the computer, I received my tax refund for 2018 after filling electronically from Turbo Tax, and I have a printed copy of my final tax return. Given that I spent a substantial amount on this software, I am irked that I can't download the information automatically. Is there a way?

Do you still have the *.tax2018 data file on your computer?  Search your entire system and any backup media you may have used.   Whether or not the 2018 software is still on your computer is irrelevant.  You must have the *.tax2018 data file.   If/when you find that data file, we can tell you how to transfer it into a new blank 2019 return.    Are you using a Windows PC or a MAC?

You wrote:  "I signed into Turbo Tax and they said I didn't submit my taxes with Turbo Tax last year."

That's normal.  Online TurboTax will have no idea if you used the CD/download product last year.