Why was I never given the option to add my banking information? I I have to wait for August for that stimulus check, I might just starve to death

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

IRS is setting up a website for taxpayers to provide their direct deposit information, it is expected to be ready on April 17th.

Please see this link and go to "Filers Get Your Payment" Get My Payment after 4/17/2020.

If you have not filed, and are receiving a refund, and you are getting a refund TurboTax will  ask for your bank account info once you choose the direct deposit option (it's on the How would you like to receive your federal refund? screen in the File section).

If you owe additional taxes to the IRS and you're e-filing, enter your bank account info on the How would you like to pay your federal taxes? screen (choose the first option, direct debit). Direct debit is not an option for paper-filed federal returns.

To review previously-entered bank account info, simply revisit the File section in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The problem is, I don't owe money nor do I get any tax money back, just the stimulus. Do I still GET the option to add my direct deposit information?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Per IRS; If we don’t have your direct deposit information from your 2018 or 2019 return – and we haven’t yet sent your payment – use the Get My Payment application to let us know where to send your direct deposit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

All it did was let me put in my SSN, birthday, and address before it simply told me that it couldn't confirm my payment status.... 😕

HELP. STILL SEEKING SOLUTION.

@kmchizmadia wrote:

HELP. STILL SEEKING SOLUTION.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#paymentnot

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.