Rejected tax return

Hello, I selected to pay $110 to e-file my tax return.  When I attempted to, it was rejected.

So, I have to file by snail mail now.  I just want to make sure I am NOT getting charged $110 

from Turbotax, since I have to do my taxes on my own now.  Please let me know if this is right.

Thank you,

Aaron

[email address removed]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

this is a public forinm for TT.     we have no control over billing.   contact support if you already mailed return.  but perhaps we can help you solve your efile issue if you post the complete rejection message.  

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You paid to use software to prepare your tax return.  There was not an extra fee to e-file it.  The fee is the same whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.  

Actually, you did not do your taxes "on your own" if you used the software.  Doing your tax return on your own would have entailed paper forms, a 108 page IRS instruction book and a calculator.

When your return was rejected you could have sought help to fix it and re-file it.  Perhaps you did that.  But some e-filing problems cannot be fixed, such as SSN problems.   When those problems occur, filing by mail is the only option.

If you want to contact customer support:

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**