Daughter was self-emp in 2019 paid 1,300 fed taxes. TTax sent vouchers to pay Est. taxes quartly. She wkd 7 wks in 2020 for that co. no more. Must she pay 4, $350 pymts?

She is an independent tax payer, worked as a self emplyed for part of the year.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The 1040ES vouchers are optional.  She is not required to pay the quarterly tax amount on them.  Under the current conditions in the economy, she can wait until later in 2020 to decide if she needs to pay any estimated tax for 2020.  She should pay something if she expects to owe over $1000 at tax time in 2021 in order to avoid an underpayment penalty.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Who ARE you, xmasbaby0? I simply cannot thank you enough. Your answer was articulate and succinct, and you understood my question. After hours of searching online and trying to read the IRS info, I was near an emotional breakdown (as was my young daughter).

Thank you very, very much for your selfless assistance.

Be well.

Sincerely,

blondieisme

So glad to have helped!  Stay safe and well!  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**